PRC: Warped Tour Kickoff Party

Quite simply: what a fucking night! Jenna Miles of Punk Radio Cast invited me out to the Warped Tour kick off party and I got my boys from work (our ugly mugs pictured to the right thanks to Diana Bell) to tag along for a night of great music, good people, and bottomless drinks. What more could you ask for?

I mainly indulged in the free Rock Star energy drinks, to show my heart who's boss, ya know? But the same can't be said for the rest of my co-workers. There's almost too many shitty good times to discuss, but the night ended with one of us getting kicked out, the rest of us arguing over who Sarah Blackwood of The Creepshow was "eye fucking" from the stage (it was none of us by the way), and another with a gash on his head and bleeding all over the streets of Toronto.

No idea who the first band was, but they reminded me of the old 905 ska/rap/punk group Ruins. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is not a bad thing. As shitty as I felt about not getting up closer and partying a little more, I knew I had to save myself for the double main event: The Creepshow and The Saint Alvia Cartel!

Creepshow was awesome and their new stuff is extremely rad. I think they said the new album drops in September which I can't wait for. McNab told the crowd they could download it, so you all officially have permission. Personally, I say buy the record and support a really hardworking band that is always a lot of fun.

Saint Alvia was... well, Saint Alvia. I've seen these dudes countless times and it never gets boring. They play awesome music and party with the best of them. Plus they hand out a fuckin' tamborine for the audience to play! If you're not down with that, then you're an asshole.

For those of you in attendence or listening online at PRC, you may have noticed yours truly providing some guest vocals on a few songs. Rispin put the mic out there for me to sing without realizing what he was doing, so I apologize right now to all of those unfortunate enough to hear that shit.

Good times all around and can't wait for the next PRC party.

Photos taken by and courtesy of Diana Bell.

0 comments: